BALANCE | NCCA MEMBERS SHOW 2013
NCCA’s ‘New Territories’ Members’ show for 2013 is around the corner and this year takes a theme: BALANCE.
The theme is inspired by Paul Kelly’s recent spoken tribute at the state memorial service for the late Dr Yunupingu, former lead singer of global sensation Yothu Yindi, and long-time educator and cultural ambassador for his people. Kelly remembered Dr Yunupingu as ‘a man of balance’.
Members are encouraged to respond to this particular tribute context of ‘balance’, or of the word/concept more broadly, with a bulging (but well-balanced) swag of prizes on offer (more details to come) for those works judged to best address the theme.
Exhibition dates: 1 NOV – 30 NOV
Entries must be delivered between 15 OCT – 18 OCT
Conditions of entry:
- The exhibition is an open entry call for works from all NT artists who are NCCA members. Current financial Members at the time of entry receive free entry. There will be a $15 entry fee for non-financial Members, which will include a one year Membership to NCCA.
- All Works must have been produced within twelve months of the entry deadline and not previously exhibited.
- It is the responsibility of the artist to make sure that their work is ready for installation on delivery.
- All visual material must be clearly labeled with contact details, name, membership number and expiry date, title, year, dimensions and medium including price if the work is for sale.
- NCCA will not sell artist’s work unless prior arrangements are made with the artist or the artist’s agent. Any enquiries for sales made to NCCA will be forwarded to the artist or artist’s agent.
- NCCA takes no commision for sale of artists’ work.
For more information contact Gareth via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone on 08 8981 5368