Northern Centre for Contemporary Art (NCCArt) accepts exhibition proposals from local, national, and international emerging and established artists (individuals and groups), curators, and organisations for the annual exhibition program. Applications for exhibiting in Gallery 1, Gallery 2, the ScreenRoom, and BoxSet should be addressed to the Program Manager and sent via email to email@example.com . Proposals may consider one or more of these spaces.
WHEN TO APPLY
Applications are now closed for the 2021 exhibition program. Applications for the 2022 program are still welcome and close Thursday 6th October 2021. Applications can be submitted at any time but will generally be considered by NCCArt after the closing date. NCCArt’s exhibition program is generally planned 8 – 12 months in advance.
Exhibition proposals should include the following:
- Names of all participants.
- Contact details for all participants.
- Current curriculum vitae (one page) for all participants.
- A clear and concise description of the exhibition proposed work and concept (no more than 2 A4 pages).
- Visual material of the actual work or related work, 8 – 10 images for solo exhibitions and 10 – 20 for group exhibitions. Accepted formats, 35mm slide, CD-ROM (Mac compatible), DVD or video. Video work, QT/Avi format and finished end products (DVD) & compilation works on 1 disc looped
- All visual material must be clearly labeled with name, title, year, dimensions and medium.
- Preferred dates.
PLEASE NOTE: NCCArt accepts emailed proposals: firstname.lastname@example.org
For mailed proposals, applicants must include a stamped self-addressed envelope if the support material is to be returned. Please mail to: Northern Centre for Contemporary Art, PO Box 82, Parap NT Australia 0804
All successful applicants must enter into an exhibition contract with NCCArt. NCCArt must approve any deviation from the original exhibition proposal. In the case of major changes to the original exhibition proposal NCCArt reserves the right to terminate the agreement. The name Northern Centre for Contemporary Art must not be used in any grant or sponsorship application without the written approval of NCCArt.
If the exhibition requires significant materials, equipment, travel or freight costs it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure these costs can be met. Any variation to the costs normally covered by NCCArt will be at the sole discretion of the Director.
The following exhibition costs are normally covered by NCCArt:
- Artist and curator fee/s
- Invitation to the exhibition opening
- Exhibition publicity and promotion
- Documentation of exhibition for gallery requirements
- Assistance if necessary for the install and deinstall of exhibition
WHEN TO APPLY
Applications can be submitted at any time; the closing date for 2022 Program applications is 5pm 6 October 2021. Please address applications to The Director, Northern Centre for Contemporary Art, PO Box 82 Parap NT 0820; e: email@example.com